I have retired as of September 1, 2017. You may contact us with medical record requests until September 7, 2017 at 908-273-7770. After September 7, 2017 you can send a request to Richard N. Podell, MD, 11 Overlook Road, Suite 140, Summit, NJ 07901. Edwina S. King, Ph.D, APN will be continuing her practice located at 53 Kossuth Street, Somerset, NJ. She can be reached at (732) 565-9225. If interested, please see my recommendations for other experts in the field of Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia.
Dr. Podell – A Recognized Leader among Complementary Alternative, Holistic, and Integrative Medicine Doctors
Dr. Podell is one of the nation’s leading integrative medicine physicians—combining the best of mainstream science with natural healing, nutritional, and complementary alternative medicine. In 2012 The Star-Ledger’s Inside Jersey Magazine named Dr. Podell one of New Jersey’s “Best TOP Doctors” as did the Castle Connolly survey in 2013 thorough 2016.
Most people with severe or complex illness do best when we combine the best treatments from conventional medicine with those from complementary alternative medicine. This merging of mainstream medicine with natural healing, nutrition and complementary alternative medicine techniques is what we mean by integrative medicine.
Treating the Patient as a Whole: Merging Mainstream Medicine with Complementary Alternative Therapies
Our goal is to help people who have difficult–to–treat complex health problems. These include Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, sub-optimal thyroid, chronic headaches, depression, stress related disorders, and nutritional problems. To accomplish this:
- We spend more time with each patient – typically our initial consultation is 1 ½ hours or more.
- We focus on the whole person not just the part that hurts. We review your sleep habits, diet and nutrition, exercise, stress factors, digestion, endocrine function and additional issues that can affect your illness.
- We offer specialized tests for unusual factors that might have been overlooked. For example: nutritional, metabolic or hormonal deficiencies; digestive enzyme deficiencies, gluten problems, unbalanced gut flora.
- We offer a broad range of holistic alternative medicine therapies including natural thyroid treatment, Candida yeast therapy, food elimination diets,“trigger point” physical therapy (especially for Fibromyalgia or chronic headache pain), and a broad range of mind-body stress management skills.
- At the same time we seek to optimize the benefit and minimize the side effects from standard medicines and the most advanced scientific diagnostic techniques.
No one can promise 100% results, but our experience has been clear. Combining standard and alternative therapies most often works better than doing just either one alone.
To learn more about Doctor Podell and his integrative and alternative medicine methods, please call us at (908) 273-7770 or go to our New Patient Information page to find out how you can make an appointment.